One of the highlights of Speech Cards is that it is customizable. Did you you know that you can use Bing Image Search to discover and import photos into Speech Cards? Bing Image Search allows you to search through billions of pictures, photos and images from all over the Web. Use Bing Image Search to help you create your own speech and language cards from within Speech Cards. Bing Image Search is available in Speech Cards Professional and Speech Cards Lite with Professional Upgrade.
This tip will demonstrate how to use Bing Image Search from within Speech Cards. The screenshots are from the iPad version, but the same steps apply to the iPhone and iPod Touch.
1. Go to Customize and add or select a card to modify.
2. Tap on the picture or grey square area to pop up a menu. From the popup menu, select Bing Images.
3. Type a query into the box and press the Search button. If the search is taking too long, you can cancel, by tapping anywhere on the screen. When Bing is finished searching, the results are displayed. Swipe up or down to view more results.
4. Tap on a search result to download. If the download is taking too long, you can cancel, by tapping anywhere on the screen.
5. When the image has downloaded, you can crop the image. Drag your finger across the image to move it. Pinch your fingers together to zoom out. Un-pinch your fingers to zoom in. Press OK when done cropping.
6. Final image is displayed.
Thank you for reading. Please contact us if you have any questions. Do you have an idea for a tip or tutorial you would like to see? Please let us know by leaving a comment or emailing us.
Speech Cards version 1.1.1 is now available! The highlight of this update is Bing Image Search. Now you can search for images from within the app and import them, making it even easier to create any vocabulary or articulation card you can imagine!
Learn more about all the improvements in version 1.1.1 in our previous blog post here.
Speech Cards is available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch on the App Store.
We are happy to announce that Speech Cards version 1.1.0 has been released. With this update, Speech Cards is now available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch! Speech Cards helps children with special needs, such as autism, improve their vocabulary, articulation and other communication skills. The app can be tailored to the needs of individual students with customizable text, pictures and audio. Click here to learn more.
Speech Cards version 1.0.3 is now available for download on the App Store. This update is for both the Professional and Lite versions of Speech Cards. The update includes the following:
- Crop photos.
- Take photos using the built-in camera.
- Increased maximum number of decks from 24 to 32 (in Professional version and Lite version with Professional Upgrade).
- Increased maximum number of students from 12 to 30 (in Professional version and Lite version with Professional Upgrade).
- Students are listed in alphabetical order in the Reports screen.
- Improved app stability while in the Reports screen.
Today is Cyber Monday and Speech Cards Professional is on sale for only $1.99 USD.
Speech Cards Lite is now available for download for the iPad! Use this app to teach speech & language skills such as vocabulary, articulation, categories, sight words and more.
Speech Cards Lite Features:
- 1 Deck Included (Animals)
- 10 Cards Included
- Create 1 additional deck.
- Create up to 10 cards in each deck
- Customizable Text, Photos and Audio
- Email Cards as PDF
- Share custom cards with other users of Speech Cards
- Screen Lock
- Microphone for student to Record and Listen to their own voice
Speech Cards Lite is a FREE download on the App Store. An in-app-purchase is available to upgrade to the features of the Professional version.
Click here to download Speech Cards Lite.
The Lite version of our speech therapy app, Speech Cards, has been approved by Apple! Speech Cards Lite will be available for download on Thursday, November 8, 2012, for FREE. An in-app-purchase will be available to upgrade to the features of Speech Cards Professional.
Speech Cards Lite comes with 1 deck (Animals) and 10 cards. It has the ability to create 1 additional deck, and can save scores for 1 student.
Click here to learn more about Speech Cards.
Speech Cards Professional version 1.0.2 is now available. This update fixes the screen rotation issue that occurs on iPads with iOS 6. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
The update can be downloaded from the App Store.
There is a screen rotation issue in Speech Cards Professional on iPads running iOS 6. A fix has been submitted to Apple. Hopefully, the update will be available for download by next weekend. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.