Speech Cards is great for group speech therapy sessions. Speech Cards supports groups of all sizes and keeps scores for each student. Changing from one student to another is quick and easy. On the iPad version, only two taps are required to change students. However, sometimes you forget to change students and accidentally score the wrong student. We have two exciting new features in Speech Cards version 1.3.0 to help you in your group sessions:
- Option to automatically advance to the next student in the list. When swiping or changing to a new card, the app will select the next student. This option is disabled by default.
- Option to announce the name of the next student. This option serves as an auditory cue for when it is another student’s turn. To hear the name of the student, you will need to use the microphone on the screen for editing the name of the student. This option is enabled by default.
Both of these new options are accesible from the Options screen.
How to access the Options screen on the iPad version
How to access the Options screen on the iPhone/iPod Touch version
How to record the name of a student
Use the microphone and play button on the screen for editing the student.
Summary of What’s New in Version 1.3.0
- Option to automatically advance to the next student.
- Record the name of the student.
- Option to announce the next student.
- Fixed issue with voice recording on iPad with AirPlay Mirroring.
- Removed “(null)” from the PDF of a Detailed Session Report with no notes.
- Fixed import issue.
Speech Cards version 1.3.0 is available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch on the App Store:
We think the new options will greatly improve the flow of your group sessions and reduce scoring mistakes. The new options for group sessions were designed with this rule in mind: a new card equals somebody else’s turn. Not everyone uses the same rules. The options can be disabled if they do not suit your needs. Thank you Special Apps, Special Kids for suggesting the option to automatically advance to the next student! We appreciate suggestions from our users. We would love to hear your feedback on this update, particularly on how you use Speech Cards with groups. Reviews on the App Store are greatly appreciated. Please leave a comment or contact us if you have any questions.